Definition of でもない
Words related to でもない
- (adj-i) unthinkable; unexpected; outrageous; offensive
It isn't true that Jack is no good at music; on the contrary, he plays the piano well.
- (exp) absolutely not!; not at all!; far from it!; impossible!; preposterous!; what a thing to say!; no way!; bullshit
"Have you finished it?" "On the contrary, I've just begun."
- don't mention it; you're welcome
- (exp) it goes without saying; there is no need to say so, but of course; it is needless to say; it need scarcely be said
It goes without saying that Rome was not built in a day.
- (adj-i) not as dissatisfied (or annoyed) as (s)he would have us believe
- (exp) ill omened (as in "Don't say such an ill omened thing!"); unlucky
It's bad luck to say that.