Definition of ったらありゃしない
- (vs-i) to do
- to cause to become; to make (into); to turn (into)
- to serve as; to act as; to work as
- to wear (clothes, a facial expression, etc.)
- to judge as being; to view as being; to think of as; to treat as; to use as
- to decide on; to choose
- (vs-i, vi) to be sensed (of a smell, noise, etc.)
- to be (in a state, condition, etc.)
- to be worth; to cost
- to pass (of time); to elapse
- (suf, vs-i) verbalizing suffix (applies to nouns noted in this dictionary with the part of speech "vs")
- (aux-v, vs-i) creates a humble verb (after a noun prefixed with "o" or "go")
- to be just about to; to be just starting to; to try to; to attempt to
- (n, n-suf) section (i.e. of text); sentence; passage; paragraph
He explained the literal meaning of the phrase.
- (ling) phrase
You can omit the preposition in this phrase.
- verse (of 5 or 7 mora in Japanese poetry; of 4, 5, or 7 characters in Chinese poetry)
- haiku; first 17 morae of a renga, etc.
- maxim; saying; idiom; expression
- (n) ward; district; section
The South East region of England is densely populated.
- (adj-pn) a certain ...; some ...
I'm going to meet a certain student.