Definition of 迎え
Words related to 迎え
- (v1, vt) to go out to meet
Please pick me up at the hotel at six o'clock.
- to receive; to welcome
He had been ill for a week when they sent for a doctor.
- to accept (e.g. as a member of a group or family)
- to call for; to summon; to invite
It was decided that he should be sent for at once.
- to approach (a certain time, a point in one's life, etc.)
I wish you a Happy New Year.
- (n) hair of the dog; another drink in the morning
In times like this, there's nothing like a hair of the dog.