Words related to 噛
- (v1) to clench (teeth); to engage (gears)
- to set to fighting
- (v5m, vt) to bite; to chew; to gnaw
"My teeth are too weak for apples," said the boy.
- to crash against (e.g. of waves); to break onto (shore)
- to engage (of cogs, zippers, etc.); to mesh; to fit together
- to be involved in →Related words: 一枚噛む
- to fumble one's words (during a play, broadcast, etc.); to falter with one's words
- to strongly confute; to argue down; to rebuke; to scold harshly
Sentences containing 噛
"I don't think she's an opponent you can ignore like that ..." "That's right, they say a cornered rat bites back, don't they?"
When the dog tried to bite me I held him down by the neck and thoroughly scolded him.