Definition of 兼
Words related to 兼
- (vs-c) to combine with; to serve as both; to hold an additional post; to use with
- (suf, v1) to be unable to; to find difficult (unpleasant, awkward, painful) to do
As such is the case, I am sorry I can't accept your kind invitation.
- (v1, vt) to serve two or more functions or roles simultaneously; to contain (or combine) two or more features
I want to get a job that mixes work and play.
- to work in two or more jobs simultaneously (positions, etc.); to do alongside
- to hesitate to do something (out of consideration for others)
- to think of the future (as well as the present)
Sentences containing 兼
Kaneko was so stressed out at her new job that she had a nervous breakdown.
It might be a bit big but this envelope will do just fine. It's better to be too big than too small.
The editor and publisher of this magazine was criticized by some readers.