Definition of 兼ねる
- (suf, v1) to be unable to; to find difficult (unpleasant, awkward, painful) to do
As such is the case, I am sorry I can't accept your kind invitation.
- (v1, vt) to serve two or more functions or roles simultaneously; to contain (or combine) two or more features
I want to get a job that mixes work and play.
- to work in two or more jobs simultaneously (positions, etc.); to do alongside
- to hesitate to do something (out of consideration for others)
- to think of the future (as well as the present)