Definition of 代
- (n) substitution
- margin (e.g. for stapling, etc.); area required for something
- shiro (unit of land area equal to one-fiftieth of a tan; ~19.83 m.sq.)
- (n) world; society; age; generation
The longer you stay, the more overtime pay you'll get.
- (n, n-suf) charge; cost; price
- generation; age; reign
- (geol) era
- (after someone's name or title) a representative of; on behalf of; for (someone)
- used after a phone number to indicate that it is a switchboard number
- (ctr) counter for decades of ages, eras, etc.
- counter for generations (of inheritors to a throne, etc.)
- proxy application company
- (n) pronoun